Monday, May 20, 2013

Things We Won't Tell My Husband Episode 8

image via

Things We Won't Tell My Husband is a little list of laugh or tear worthy things I probably won't ever tell my husband. I'm not keeping them from him, they probably just won't ever come up in all the catch up we have to do after him being gone for a year with spotty communications. I started this weekly column because I thought other military girlfriends and wives would relate. Maybe I should've called this "things that won't mean the same to my husband as they mean to me" or something like that. 

1. How much I love that he collected and traded patches during his deployment. Such a cute boyish thing to do and so totally cool too. He has an awesome collection.

2. How much I just love to stare at him now that I get to see him for a few days. He's off again today, bummer. A few weeks now before I'll see him again.

3. Speaking of which. I won't tell him how much it's hurting me to let him go away again already. Ouch, ouch, ouch. (Okay, I told him.)

4. How much I love being able to call him on his cell or for him call me. We did not have easy phone contact while he was gone. Love seeing his name come up on my phone display.

5. (I told him this one) How much I loved seeing him cooking in our kitchen on his one night at home. He made the most killer gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. We enjoyed them with fresh guacamole, lemonade, cherries and chips. Yum!

6. How much I love doing nice things for him. It's nice to be able to take care of him in person!

7. How much I am holding back to keep myself from chattering his ear off. Can't talk an entire year in one week. But I so want to.

8. How much I didn't realize he's missed about what was going on in America. He'd heard about the Boston Marathon bombing, but really didn't know anything about it. Not about the accused, Islamic ties, the whole 24-hour city lock down and capture, etc. Too hard to tell him the entire story in a few sentences!

9. How hilarious it was to watch him riveted to the video music displays in the men's department at the NEX when he first laid eyes on Psy and learned what Gangnam Style was. How is there anyone on earth that hasn't seen that in May 2013? Too funny. Our little one and I watched him staring and just laughed.

10. How glad I am to have a cheery little angel of a girl in our family as we are enter the reintegration process. She does not allow for grumpiness and at her age has learned that you have to control your own behavior so she's holding all the grown ups to that. When a grown up voice or voices get a little snippy or edgy she immediately sets us straight. Too cute. She's also full of hugs for Daddy and me and just a total joy to be around.

How about you? Any funny or sweet things your other half may never hear about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.