Friday, May 3, 2013

Things That Will Change When He Gets Home

image via

I've been thinking about all the things I won't be doing so much and things I will be doing more once the hubs returns from deployment in less than a month. Here are a few.

1) I'll be watching guy movies again. I think the only "guy" movie I've watched since he's been gone is Act of Valor and I fast forwarded all the violent parts. LOL. I did see it, opening night with him in a theater full of Navy folks and saw everything the first time. Thought I could skip the torture scenes the second time. The first movie on our list, I'm guessing will be Iron Man 3.

2) I'll be hearing explosions, talk of super creepy river monsters and bigfoot coming from the TV again. Sigh. LOL.

3)  I will have some help with grocery shopping & taking out the garbage! YAY! YAY! YAY! I don't know why but he likes to go to the grocery store in the evenings. If I give him a list, he'll get more than chips and fruity drinks. haha.

4) I will be sleeping better and fall asleep faster listening to his heartbeat banging in his chest. I think he has some freak "Lance Armstrong" type heart. It bangs loudly!

5) I won't be totally responsible for getting the family out the door when we go places. He'll be here to make sure we have some water and snacks and help carry stuff to the car. I seem to be the one that forgets water all the time. He's also the "baby wipes always at the ready" guy.

6) I won't be seeing a Taco Bell drive-thru much. He's not a Taco Bell guy. I am a Taco Bell girl. I keep it simple a simple burrito & taco, but we never go there together.

7) I will have to share all the Little One's affections. What I hope this really means is just that she gives and gets twice as much love around the house. I don't want my allotment cut back. haha. I think the double the love plan will work out just fine.

8) There will be someone else around who is good at picking up and cleaning up. That sounds so awesome. It's amazing how quickly the messes can pile up around here especially with a mess-prone little person.

9) I won't have people assume that every stranger I'm sitting by or walking near is my husband. This sounds silly but I've had to explain "Oh, he's not my husband," to friends I haven't seen for a while and people I don't know more than a few times. It's especially weird when it's someone I wouldn't in ten million years marry, he's way older than me, or some other odd or creepy scenario.

10) I will let my guard down and relax a little more knowing I don't have to be the Alpha Dog 24/7. I think that is going to be bigger than I  realize. Sounds fantastic!

How about you? What changes for you or are you anticipating when deployment or long separations end? I love hearing your stories.

1 comment:

  1. Aww boo to missing the taco bell drive thru haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.