Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day: My Heart Is Tender

image via

On this Memorial Day Weekend I want to offer my condolences to the families of those lost in recent months in Afghanistan and wherever our service members have lost their lives. As a military family we feel each death personally. We know that for every death there is a family getting the knock on the door and two visitors with devastating news.

This year I am particularly sensitive to these sweet families as I enjoy the blessings of having my husband back in the States and soon home from a one-year-deployment. I know that there are families who have not received that amazing blessing and have gone through the immense suffering that comes with losing a loved one.

I offer these families my love and prayers. I pray God will greatly bless and reward those who have died in the fight for freedom, to protect our country and our lives. I think it was not until I had my husband back in my eyesight and arm's reach that I realized how easily I could have lost him. There have been several deadly incidences in the exact area he was serving since he left. That has struck me very hard this week.

So this weekend amidst whatever fun plans you have, I hope you will take a few moments to show your respects to those who have lost their lives defending freedom around the world. I have asked my husband if we can visit the nearby national cemetary this weekend sometime so that I can pay my respects to the great troops who now watch over and protect us from above. God bless them and their families.

1 comment:

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.