Monday, March 4, 2013

The Other Side Of The World

image via

It's funny how you read things about deployment and reintegration and think, I don't see that happening to us. My guy is different. Well, Mr. Hart, is very good about staying up to date on things, he's pretty perceptive, smart, etc. When he came back for R and R I didn't notice anything too weird with him.

It wasn't until just last week that I realized that he has been living on the other side of the world for a while now and he is really out of touch. He was telling me about things that I've known about for ages as if they were totally new to him. I am realizing more and more too how totally disconnected he is to what's going on here in our family, even though we Skype and talk several times a week. Those brief bits of contact still are in no way tying him into what our life is like or even who we are at this stage. It's a little shocking to say the least.

Even weirder is that he was just here two months ago. So it seems even more bizarre that this weirdness is at its apex right now. Lately when I talk to him it feels impossible to really explain anything to him because I'm building on factor after factor that he knows nothing about. It's like trying to explain an egg and a chicken to someone who has never seen either one. I know there will be no way to get him caught up on everything because I don't even know what he does and doesn't understand. I imagine we'll just have to iron it all out when he gets back because there's no fixing it at this point. Just another one of those things you hear about and can't imagine happening to you....and then it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.