Thursday, March 21, 2013

As They Stand, Let Us Kneel


Heard some very sad news about a likely service member suicide last night. That broke my heart. This was not someone I know but I know people who loved him dearly. Heard today that this week is the beginning of the fighting season in Afghanistan. That worried me. I look at completing our deployment assignment and what will come after. That concerns me. What can I do about all these things? Precious little other than love and watch out for every member of our military family as if they were my own brothers and sisters. But there is another who is all-powerful who we can turn to for comfort and to hear our prayers. Kneeling down for those who stand in front to protect us is the most powerful thing we can do.

In your every day, please don't miss an opportunity to reach out in love to our service members. It breaks my heart to know so many are suffering and feel so alone and helpless. This should not be. The programs are in place, the help is there. But we're not connecting the dots quickly enough to save them. There are people in the military who are still too harsh and cruel when generosity and support are desperately needed. Pray for change and do all you can to help. God bless our dear sweet service members and their families. I will kneel for each one of them and their families tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.