Monday, December 3, 2012

Welcome To Midlife Navy Wife

image by MLNW

Hi. So nice to meet you. You can call me Margaret - more on that in a moment. This blog is where I will share my story as a Navy fiance then Navy wife going through deployment. We are not your typical 20-something, military, soon-to-be newlyweds. We had both been on our adult paths for a while before we met and have been together for several years now. I knew very little about the military life until I went out on a blind date with a retired Army special forces guy 18 months before I met "Mr. Hart" (as the love of my life will be known here). That brief relationship opened me up to a new world I knew nothing about and prepared me for a joyful journey with the right guy, my Mr. Hart and his daughter. We'll call her "Clementine."

Due to my partner's desire for privacy and the necessity to consider OPSEC and PERSEC I will not share names or places except in vague details. I do this out of respect for my Mr. Hart and the military, his safety and the success of his mission. "Margaret" is the name he calls me in a fancy pretend British accent when he feels the need to be excessively charming and make me laugh. This might include moments when he knows he's on the verge of the doghouse and is scrambling for sure footing...and much to my chagrin it works every time.

Because I do not live near any other military families, I am so grateful for the books, DVDs, online resources and blogs where I have been able to connect with other military spouses. Their advice and shared wisdom have been invaluable to me. I will definitely be sharing more about that in coming days. But I will say they have saved my sanity.

I have been documenting my experiences with deployment for a few months now and look forward to sharing them here with you. It has been nothing like I expected. I hope that my honest and candid stories will help other military spouses deal with the unique challenges of deployment and find some often needed comfort and understanding.

Despite the need for privacy and security online, I am very willing and interested to connect with military spouses and others interested in the lives of a deployed military family. Please feel free to email me at midlifenavywife at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.